Euphoria takes a backseat to your children.

I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. Being Introverted, I don't feel the need to party, so I don't have to deal with peer pressure and trying to fit in. I grew up in the Nancy Reagan "say no to drugs" and D.A.R.E. era. That and watching not only family but people kept me from falling down that rabbit hole.

I might have a drink maybe twice a year. The rare times I drink outside of that, it's to relax and I normally only have one beverage, enough to tire me out. 

There's nothing wrong with responsible people enjoying a substance once a month to every day off. Key word is responsible. There is plenty wrong with irresponsible people partaking but I'm not going to get into all that.  However, I will say that some of the negative side effects may not be true for all but doesn't meant they're not true some, and that includes the irresponsible.

Now I do have an issue with Parents doing it every weekend or day off to be technical. Especially with parents who only get their children on their days off or every weekend.

Not that parents can't be responsible but because I know there are parents who not only do partake every weekend but every chance they get. People that put euphoria before their children. 

If a parent wants to get inebriated once a month and has a sitter, fine. If a parent only gets their children two days a week, find another day to make yourself stupid. There's five other days a week and your primary concern should be bonding with your children.

I was born in 1980 and am a Xennial. Whether my birthday falls in the Generation X or Y side is debated depending on the source but maybe that's why I don't fit in with the modern substance abuse society. 

My articles on this blog are basically when something triggers me. Someone's actions were bothering me and caused this article on substance use. Again, while substance abuse society isn't for me, the same isn't true for everyone but if you have kids, act like a parent. If I am out of touch and putting euphoria before one's children is the new normal, then America is fubar.

Comments

Popular Posts